The Certificate in Making Natural Skincare Products is our shorter beginners course. You can see the full course curriculum here: https://www.schoolofnaturalskincare.com/certificate-in-making-natural-skincare-products/
It is the course for you if you want to create products for yourself, family and friends and primarily follow recipes rather than creating your own.
You will gain a good foundation of knowledge of different types of products, when and why to use preservatives, emulsifiers and antioxidants and you will get lots of recipes to try out.
This accredited online course will teach you to make your own natural and organic cleansers, toners, moisturizers, creams, lotions, balms, body butters, serums, masks, scrubs and more!
This course has been created to enable you to make your own range of unique natural and/or organic skincare products. There are 11 key learning objectives and outcomes for this course. The course contains the study materials and activities to help you acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve the following outcomes.
- Learn about three main product types: oil-based products, water-based products and emulsions. Identify the ingredients they contain and understand how they are different.
- Identify and obtain the equipment required for creating natural skincare products.
- Follow health and safety guidelines to make your products safely and effectively.
- Understand the key properties, benefits and functions of a range of raw materials and cosmetic ingredients including carrier oils, essential oils, butters, waxes and more.
- Know the role of preservatives, antioxidants and emulsifiers – when you need to use them and when not.
- Make a range of oils and serums for the face and body.
- Make a range of balms for the face and body.
- Make a range of body butters and lotion bars.
- Make a range of facial toners, spritzers and gels.
- Make a range of creams and lotions for the face and body.
- Make a range of scrubs and masks for the face and body.
You can find all the details and enroll here: www.schoolofnaturalskincare.com/certificate-in-making-natural-skincare-products/
If you are looking for something a bit more in-depth and advanced, and if you want to formulate your own original skincare products (rather than follow our recipes), then you might like to consider our Diploma in Natural Skincare Formulation.
If you are not sure which course to take you might find this article helpful:
Choosing between our skincare Certificate or Diploma – which course is right for you?